This month Edelman collected the Gold Award for Healthcare Providers/Medical Technology at The Holmes Report’s 2013 Asia-Pacific SABRE Awards in Shanghai, China for the Australian launch of the iBGStar Sanofi Aventis blood glucose meter. The awards recognise superior achievement in branding, reputation and engagement.
In addition to the Healthcare award, Edelman collected six additional Gold Awards, the most of any firm, in the following categories:
- Entertainment: A Rock ‘n’ Roll Tender Offer – Gibson Guitar with Edelman Japan
- Financial and Professional Services: Prudential TVC Star Search – Prudential Indonesia with Edelman Indonesia
- Public Sector/Government: Swiss Pavilion at Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea – Presence Switzerland with Edelman Korea
- Business-to-Business Marketing: Volvo CE’S National Excavator Operator Contest – Volvo CE with Daniel J. Edelman China Group
- Financial Communications: A Rock ‘n’ Roll Tender Offer – Gibson Guitar with Edelman Japan
- Japan: The AXE Wingmen – Building the Confidence of Young Men in Japan – Unilever Japan with Edelman Japan
iBGStar campaign overview
The iBGStar blood glucose meter connects to an Apple iPhone® or iPod® Touch, revolutionising the way 1.15 million Australians live with, and manage, their diabetes. An extensive media outreach program was coordinated through the organisation and support of healthcare professionals, diabetes patient organisations and patients prior to the launch of iBGStar to be spokespeople for the campaign across all media channels in Australia.
The Edelman Australia healthcare team secured extensive media coverage reaching 52 million impressions nationally through over 144 pieces of media coverage. This media attention drove unprecedented web traffic to the newly launched www.bgstar.com.au resulting in thousands of Australians switching to iBGStar® as their blood glucose meter of choice.
It is important to note there was no consumer advertising campaign in conjunction with the program and consumer sales relied solely on public relations activation. This means the 12,000 patients now using iBGStar® and the 5,900 downloads of the iBGStar® Diabetes Management App (that works with the iBGStar®) from the iTunes App Store was a direct result of the campaign – an impressive result for the Edelman Australia Healthcare team.
The program has received further acclaim across the PRIME awards for pharmaceutical excellence and the PRIA Golden Target Healthcare Campaign of the Year.