Okay, maybe that’s an oversell. But you will emerge from 2011 all the wiser for the experience.
The books I’ve selected look at marketing and PR in the context of today’s super-connected and highly fluid marketplace, where anyone with an internet connection and a point of view can become an important influencer in their own right.
The four books I cover in this video are:
- No Bullshit Social Media – Erik Deckers Jason Falls
- The New Relationship Marketing – Mari Smith
- The End of Business as Usual – Brian Solis
- Engagement From Scratch – Danny Iny
In a nutshell:
- No Bullshit Social Media – pragmatic, to the point, business-oriented, practical information.
- The New Relationship Marketing – jam-packed with helpful hints, soft skills for today’s marketing and business professional – share the love! (Download a FREE sample chapter here).
- The End of Business as Usual – must-read for PR folk, bigger picture ideas and concepts (check out my interview with Brian here).
- Engagement From Scratch – multiple views, stories and ideas from a broad sweep of smart thought-leaders in the social media and new marketing space.
Notable mentions from2011 (not in video):
- Niche – James Harkin
- Real-Time Marketing PR – David Meerman Scott (PR Warrior review here)
- Smarter, Faster, Cheaper – David Siteman Garland
- Poke The Box – Seth Godin
- We Are All Weird – Seth Godin
- Tell to Win – Peter Guber
- Anything You Want – Derek Sivers (this is an especially cool book, great yarn!).
* Author Jason Falls comes face-to-face with the PR Warrior.