Edelman’s Los Angeles office is hosting a series of Twitter sweepstakes and I’m thrilled to participate in the third and final round. Starting today anyone who follows their Twitter channel and tweets the with hashtag #EdelLASweeps is entered to win a Twitter chat with me about the latest news and trends in social media. Once the winner is selected, I’ll answer his or her questions publicly on Twitter so others can join in and offer their own insights.
To jumpstart the conversation, here are some stand-out companies that utilize their Twitter channels effectively:
- Ben Jerry’s* – The @CherryGarcia channel is an example of a Twitter account that posts fun and engaging content. Consumers continue to follow for the latest news on flavor concoctions, local events giveaways, as well as celebrity endorsements. The channel is never afraid to voice an opinion on culturally relevant current events, keeping its followers engaged with timely updates. (Note: @cherrygarcia will become @benandjerrys on 11/15/11.)
- Red Bull – Listening to the conversation about your brand in social media is essential to achieving success in the space, and the Red Bull team does just that. Most of their tweets are funny and edgy responses to consumers discussing the brand. Additionally, many of their updates are not branded but rather speak to their young target audience. This strategy keeps their followers engaged and coming back for more quirky content.
- Research In Motion (BlackBerry)** – @BlackBerryHelp provides customer service support using Twitter. The account takes a personal approach by putting the faces of the team behind the account on their channel and each tweet is signed by the person who posted it. This creates a one-on-one social service experience. Additionally, the channel offers Blackberry users information and tips for getting the most out of their devices.
- Slim Jim** – The edgy and irreverent @SlimJim channel, run by “The Sultan of Snap,” keeps its community excited by offering rewards through surprise-and-delight tactics. For example, Spicy Sunday gives members of the community the chance to win a Slim Jim prize pack each week. This tactic has cultivated a number of dedicated “super followers.” The content on the channel is universally engaging, intended to entertain a wide demographic. To cater to their female fans, the channel hosts a monthly Twitter party, #SlimJimLadiesNight, which has seen great success.
Now go follow @EdelmanLA, use the #EdelLASweeps hashtag and tweet what brands you think do a good job on Twitter. Be sure to check out the entry rules below, I look forward to chatting with you soon!
*@cherrygarcia is run internally by Ben Jerry’s. Ben Jerry’s is an Edelman Digital client.
** Research In Motion and Slim Jim are Edelman Digital clients.
How to Enter
Entry into the sweepstakes is simple! Follow @EdelmanLA and tweet using the hashtag #EdelLASweeps at any point from Monday, November 7 through Friday, November 11, 2011. Use the hashtag to start a conversation with @EdelmanLA or simply include it in your own daily tweets and you will be entered!
At the end of the week, we will randomly select a winner and notify them via Twitter. The winner will then have a half hour Twitter chat with me to discuss all things social media.
- You must tweet using the #EdelLASweeps hashtag from November 7 to 11
- You must be following @EdelmanLA on Twitter
- You must be 16 years of age or older and a United States resident
- Employees of Edelman and their families are encouraged to participate in tweeting with #EdelLASweeps, but are not eligible to win
- View the official rules for full details
Image credit: xotoko
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/EdelmanDigital/~3/UUosV-goxAc/